Save Money on Wood Waste and Recycling
We offer a free consultation and evaluation of current spending to businesses that are looking to reduce costs.
Wood waste comes from furniture, cabinetry, wood packing (crates, pallets), lumber fragments, and other products. It is generated by households, commercial and industrial businesses, and the construction and demolition industries.
To generate the wood society uses for home building, furniture, and other applications, billions of trees are cut down each year. Trees absorb carbon, provide habitat for wildlife, and help regulate the global climate, so minimizing logging is critical.
According to the EPA, in 2015:
- Wood accounted for 16.3 million tons of municipal solid waste (6.2% of all MSW that year).
- Landfills received 11.1 million tons of wood.
- 7 million tons of wood were recycled (mostly into mulch or bedding material).
Global Trash Solutions will work with you to implement a cost-efficient recycling solution for managing your business waste. Compacting wood requires special equipment. Contact the experts at GTS to learn more.
Types of Wood
There are two types of wood: untreated and treated/painted.
- Untreated wood is used for compost, mulch, toys, and fuel for fireplaces and cooking stoves. It is easy to recycle because it has not been contaminated by chemicals, plastics, glass, bindings and glues, or nails/metal fixings.
- Treated wood is more challenging to deal with, since it has been treated with chemicals or paints that could release toxic chemical compounds into the air or soil—it’s why treated wood often ends up in landfills. The key is finding the right processors to recycle or reuse treated wood—Global Trash Solutions can help.
Requirements for handling wood waste vary by municipality. Whether you need construction waste recycling or you are looking for a general waste management solution, Global Trash Solutions can help. Our expert waste management consultants will conduct a waste management audit and analyze your waste stream to find a cost-effective solution.
Contact us at (866) 572-7679 for a no-obligation consultation.