CALL NOW FOR A FREE QUOTE 866.760.8194
Plastic Waste Management and Recycling Solutions
GET YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
Plastics are used in everything from food packaging to medical supplies to plumbing systems. While many types of plastic can be recycled, too much plastic waste ends up in our nation’s landfills—it happens when the cost of sorting, transporting, and recycling plastics becomes cost prohibitive.
Global Trash Solutions has been analyzing the waste management industry for decades. We keep our eye on the plastics recycling market and connect you with vendors who offer the best returns for plastics.
GTS offers a selection of quality compactors and balers for sale to help you manage plastics more efficiently and save on hauling costs. Bales take up less space in trucks, which means fewer pickups and lower transport costs.
What Types of Plastic Can Be Recycled?
Plastics are identified by a number code. Here’s a breakdown of the different types of plastics and some of the products they’re used for:
- #1 PET and PETE (polyethylene terephthalate): Water and soft drink bottles, food containers, cooking oil bottles
- #2 HDPE (high-density polyethylene): Milk and juice jugs, laundry and dishwashing detergent bottles, shopping bags
- #3 PVC (polyvinyl chloride): Plastic food wrap, trays for baked goods, plastic packaging
- #4 LDPE (low-density polyethylene): Shopping bags, food storage bags, trash bags
- #5 PP (polypropylene): Bottle caps, drinking straws, toys, car bumpers
- #6 PS (polystyrene): Toys, hard packing materials, cosmetic bags, CD cases, vending cups
- #7 Other: Other plastics, including acrylic, nylon, and fiberglass
Not all, but many, of these plastics can be easily recycled, especially water and soft drink bottles.
Equipment and Waste Consulting for Plastics Management and Recycling
Plastics recycling can generate revenue for your business and improve brand identity—and it’s good for the planet. Your business’ waste stream will determine what equipment you need for recycling.
If your business generates a lot of plastic film waste, for example, a plastic baler will help you get these plastics into a mill-ready form. If you manage a university campus or a large office complex, a recycling compactor can help you manage large quantities of recyclable plastics. Sorting requirements vary by municipality.
The expert waste management consultants at Global Trash Solutions can develop a tailored waste management plan for your needs.