Waste Management News, Tips, & Tricks Blog
Posted by GTSWeb on Saturday, April 16th, 2016The history of the commercial waste compactor and the baler both stem from similar origins to many other inventions: the need to perform a variety of tasks faster and more efficiently. Both of these inventions were each patented around the same time, for completely different industries, but with the same end goal being to save time, space, and money.(more…)
Posted by GTSWeb on Thursday, June 11th, 2015
The GTS 2000 Indoor Compactor
The ever-increasing cost of waste disposal is frustrating to those who own and operate a restaurant. Trash bills inexplicably rise from month-to-month, haulers charge unreasonable fees, and it seems as though every month, the check you write to the waste hauler is larger than the month before. The good news is that you can take control of these costs by making some basic changes in how you deal with waste. One option is employing the use of a GTS 2000 indoor trash compactor.(more…)
Posted by GTSWeb on Wednesday, April 15th, 2015
- Do you own a business in Houston that involves structures such as a manufacturing facilities, distribution hubs, multi-unit chain retail outlets, or a shipping and receiving department?
- Are you seeking recycling options for your company in the greater Houston area?
- Are you motivated to increase the “P” and decrease the “L” on your P&L statements?
- Have you been educated about recycling for your business, and if so, by whom?
Posted by GTSWeb on Wednesday, March 18th, 2015
- Do you own a business that pays for waste and recycling service?
- Has your staff done their best to negotiate your waste and recycling expenses?
- Despite your company’s best efforts, have you seen your waste bills creep above the original negotiated amount?
- Have you or your staff had trouble getting the waste and recycling expenses back down to where they ought to be?
- Have you even changed companies under the premise that your hauling expenses would remain static, only to discover that your new waste hauler uses the same lines and pat answers the old company did to justify unreasonable price increases and hidden fees?
Posted by GTSWeb on Wednesday, February 25th, 2015
- Do you own a company or property that generates a considerable volume of waste and recyclables?
- Does waste removal cost your business a noteworthy amount of money for service each month?
- Have you ever considered enlisting the help of a third party expert to analyze and evaluate your waste disposal processes, or have you left the fate of your cost for disposal largely in the hands of the companies who pick up your waste and recyclables?
Posted by GTSWeb on Wednesday, February 11th, 2015
- Do you own or represent a business that produces a substantial amount of corrugated cardboard, PET plastics, paper stock, aluminum, or other recyclable material that can be sold as a commodity?
- Have you thought about the most economical way to dispose of these recyclables? Are you using a roll-off container or mixing this material with your trash?
- Are you paying any collection charges?
Posted by GTSWeb on Wednesday, January 28th, 2015
- Do you own or manage a condominium, apartment building, or high-rise building?
- Are you facing a dilemma that involves a multitude of residents and a very limited amount of space to store or dispose of their trash?
- Do you have space for trash containers, but think there may be a better way to deal with residential trash service than having multiple large dumpsters that residents have to drag their garbage to?
- Does the smell or unsightly trash management system for your property hinder your property’s aesthetics?
- Have residents complained about the sound or times of the garbage trucks coming onto your property to empty the trash multiple times per week?
Posted by GTSWeb on Wednesday, January 7th, 2015Have you considered renting a trash compactor or recycling baler for your business? Does your business produce so much refuse that it has become a major aesthetic problem? Are you running out of places to store your trash? Are your garbage costs so incredibly high that you are looking for any option that will save you money and get them under control?(more…)
Posted by GTSWeb on Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014Do you know if you are getting the best possible rates for waste and recycling service at your company or commercial property? Have you gone from one trash company to another, chasing sweet promises of impeccable service and seeking the lowest possible prices, but after a time found that you were paying more than your original costs? Have you wondered how you can keep this from happening at your business in Pennsylvania?(more…)
Posted by GTSWeb on Wednesday, November 19th, 2014Have you ever wondered what it actually costs to dispose of trash and recyclables in Camden, Chester, Atlantic City, or any of the other townships and cities throughout southern New Jersey? Do you own a freestanding property, chain of locations, or manage properties? Have you ever agreed to one price with your garbage company, but ended up paying a different, higher price? Have you been bombarded with language about the rising cost of diesel, environmental compliance charges, and flow control? Are you curious about what those things actually are, and do you wish you could just get a straight answer on what your monthly charge will be?(more…)